Pumpkin Pecan Tassies Recipe
Field editor Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas suggests, "These delicious mini tarts are lovely for Christmas or to serve at a tea. They're worth the extra time it takes to make them."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Beat in flour. Shape into 24 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, pumpkin, 4 teaspoons butter, egg yolk, cream, extracts, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into warm cups. Combine the pecans and remaining brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake 23-27 minutes longer or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 244 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC