Pumpkin Pecan Tassies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Beat in flour. Shape into 24 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, pumpkin, 4 teaspoons butter, egg yolk, cream, extracts, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into warm cups. Combine the pecans and remaining brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake 23-27 minutes longer or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 244 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Tassies
"Loved these! They aren't too time consuming if you have a tart shaper, and the results sare well worth it!"
"This recipe is quite time consuming and we didn't particularly care for the taste of these mini tarts."
"Just made these and they turned out great....Were very good...Everyone loved them...."
"i absolutley love this recipe and everyone at my church loves it too"
"I just made 10 kinds of cookies for Christmas (9 of them Taste of Home recipes), my neighbor just specifically asked for this recipe! Need I say more..."
"I just made these for x mas & I used the small muffin tin papers & they came out great. Instead of using my finger to make the indentation I took the top off of my salt shaker & used that it worked great."
"I made these last year, Same recipe.They really are good, But I couldn't get them out of the pan,I greased the muffin cups extra well, and they still stuck to the pan.So if you make them, make sure and be prepared if they do stick."