- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and spices. Stir in pumpkin and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop ice cream into six dessert dishes. Top each with 1/4 cup pumpkin sauce and 1/3 cup whipped cream. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Sundaes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p69
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review