I've yet to meet a person who doesn't have room for a piece of this pie! Up here 8,000 feet in the Rockies, my husband and I are enjoying retirement. We're active in our little church (where I try all my recipes on people who love to eat!). We have four grown children and 11 grandchildren. —Jean Lockwood, Bayfield, Colorado
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- PECAN TOPPING:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugars, flour, pie spice and salt until smooth. Mix in pumpkin. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350° and bake 15 minutes longer.
- For pecan topping, beat eggs in a bowl until foamy. Add corn syrup, brown sugar, molasses, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with chopped pecans; cover with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Pie in Country Woman May/June 1994, p33
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review