Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe
I've yet to meet a person who doesn't have room for a piece of this pie! Up here 8,000 feet in the Rockies, my husband and I are enjoying retirement. We're active in our little church (where I try all my recipes on people who love to eat!). We have four grown children and 11 grandchildren. —Jean Lockwood, Bayfield, Colorado
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- PECAN TOPPING:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugars, flour, pie spice and salt until smooth. Mix in pumpkin. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350° and bake 15 minutes longer.
- 3. For pecan topping, beat eggs in a bowl until foamy. Add corn syrup, brown sugar, molasses, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with chopped pecans; cover with pecan halves.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 430 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC