- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- PECAN TOPPING:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugars, flour, pie spice and salt until smooth. Mix in pumpkin. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350° and bake 15 minutes longer.
- For pecan topping, beat eggs in a bowl until foamy. Add corn syrup, brown sugar, molasses, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with chopped pecans; cover with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"I was afraid to use the molasses after reading the reviews. So, I used two tablespoons of real maple syrup instead. This pie was delicious, my whole family loved it."
"My Thanksgiving dinner was perfect and then I brought this pie out for "The Dessert" Ugh everyone thought it was spoiled!!! We couldn't figure out what it was and then just payed close attention to the filling and realized it was the molasses, it completely took over the entire taste of the pie and molasses did not go to well with pumpkin- this is the first time this has ever happened to me! Never again will I use a new recipe for a holiday or dinner with guests."
"You can definately taste the molasses. If you like molasses, you'll like this pie. It was just a bit too strong for my husband and I. I might try it excluding the molasses."
"For each cup of light corn syrup in a recipe, substitute 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup water. For each cup of dark corn syrup, substitute 1 cup of packed brown sugar and 1/4 cup water."
"What can I substitute for corn syrup?"