- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in the pecans.
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the butter, sugars and cream in a saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Loaves
"Delicious! And all items I had in my fridge/pantry, except for the cream. The loaf is also good without the icing (though it gives a grander appearance and richer taste), or the icing could easily be halved because with the given amount is enough to coat the loaves and still have leftovers."
"This has been my go-to pumpkin bread recipe for years. The icing is so delicious and the bread is moist and flavorful. Works well for mini loaves or muffins too."
"Best pumpkin bread. The caramel glaze makes it a special treat, and the loaves raise beautifully. I made it in smaller loaves, and got 6 for gift giving."
"I have made this recipe for years. It is by far the best pumpkin recipe that I have ever had. My family and friends ask me to make this every fall."