Among all my pumpkin bread recipes, this caramel-glazed creation is the pick of the crop. Often, I'll wrap up a lovely loaf as a homemade gift for teachers and Sunday school leaders. -Brenda Jackson, Garden City, Kansas
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in the pecans.
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the butter, sugars and cream in a saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Loaves in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p27
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review