This recipe is too good not to share! Three loaves easily feed a crowd, or you can use them as gifts. Either way, these spice-swirled loaves get gobbled up fast.—Robin Guthrie, Victorville, California
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) pound cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. For streusel, combine brown sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pound cake mixes, pumpkin, eggs, water, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in remaining pecans.
- Divide half of the batter among three greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with half the streusel. Top with remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Loaves in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p41
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Loaves for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review