Pumpkin Pecan Cake Recipe
Packed with warm pumpkin flavor and spices, this lightened-up version of Shirley Dellinger's recipe baked up even taller than the original! But our Test Kitchen brought it in at just about half the fat, saturated fat and cholesterol—with 187 fewer calories per slice! That's a sweet success Shirley's family in Elwood, Indiana can savor.
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece equals 532 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC