Pumpkin-Pecan Cake Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the filing ingredients; beat until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again; place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Pecan Cake Roll(7)
Sort By :
Wouldn't change nothing very good thank you! This is added to my holiday baking and gift giving
Can this be made ahead of time? If so, how many days ahead can it be made? This sure look good.
IT was good. Everybody seemed to really like it.
This is a favorite with my family and friends. It makes wonderful gifts and one year I even made some to sell. The most I have made in one season was 38! Robin C., Colorado Springs, CO
This is very good. I made it in 2001 for a reunion and in 2003 for Thanksgiving. Don't know why it took me so long to make it again. Everyone loves it!