Pumpkin Pecan Cake Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Cake
Sort By :
"I have made this cake 5 or 6 times. I have never seen people rave about a dessert this much. I bake them as cupcakes now because it is easier to serve. Everyone alwys wants 2 or 3. Definitely reccommend!"
"My friend who is an excellent cook raved about this cake when I made it for her Thanksgiving party."
"This doesn't look like a makeover to me--31g of fat & over 500 calories? I'd cut the oil in half & sub. some egg whites for whole eggs as well."