- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 36 pecan halves
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Press a pecan piece into each. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pecan Bites
Sort By :
"These were a big hit both at home and at work. Quite simple to make."
"These were really good! Very moist, and everyone loved them!"
"These are absolutely wonderful. So moist and a different texture than the normal cupcake or muffin. Everyone LOVED them. I plan on making them again for an upcoming social."
"I used a different frosting that was lactose-free and substituted in gluten-free flours and they worked great. I also used freshly cooked pumpkin and fresh pineapple. These are addictingly good!"
"My husband says that this is the best cupcake I have made this year. Also took the cupcakes to a church group last night and they gave rave reviews such as...moist and tender and a delicate cross between muffin and cupcake...please bring more."