My mom makes the best pumpkin bread which she knows she has to bring to our Pumpkin Patch Party every year.—Barb Schlafer, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, spices and baking powder; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Pumpkin Patch Bread in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p61
Reviews for Pumpkin Patch Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review