Pumpkin Patch Biscuits Recipe
Often, I make a double batch of these moist, fluffy biscuits to meet the demand. My dad loves their pumpkiny goodness and requests them for holidays, Father's Day and his birthday. —Liza Taylor, Seattle, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine pumpkin and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 279 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC