- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine pumpkin and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
Reviews for Pumpkin Patch Biscuits
Sort By :
used only a 1/4 cup of butter instead of 1/2, turned out great!
The family raved about these. Depending on the size of your crowd, you may want to consider doubling thee recipe.
These biscuits are delicious and I usually double the batch and freeze some for later. I microwave them for almost fresh baked taste. Often I substitute squash or sweet potatoes with equally good results.
These biscuits are delicious. I often double the recipe and I also interchange squash or sweet potatoes for the pumpkin with equally good results. These biscuits freeze well and then I microwave them for "almost fresh biscuits"!!!
These biscuits are delicious and I usually double the recipe. I often substitute squash or sweet potatoes with equally good results. They freeze well also and then you just have to microwave them for an almost fresh baked biscuit!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bread Recipes >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >