Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
For the perfect fall breakfast, these pancakes are perfect. The pumpkin and cinnamon go perfect together.—Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle; turn when bubbles for on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Decorate with chocolate chips and raisins if desired. Yield: 10-12 pancakes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 274 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC