Pumpkin Pancakes with Sweet Apple Cider Syrup Recipe
- HOT CIDER SYRUP
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
- For pancakes, in a large bowl,combine the dry ingredients In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 15 pancakes (1 cup syrup).
Reviews for Pumpkin Pancakes with Sweet Apple Cider Syrup
Sort By :
I added a little more cinnamon and cloves to my pancakes. Very good. The syrup was excellent.
Phenomenal! Will definitely keep this recipe and make again and again!
Forgot to bring my ancient recipe with me to our vacation retreat and found this on line. Been using my other recipe for 35 years and this one seems quite close. Used 1/2 milk 1/2 orange juice for the liquid and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 t baking soda. We r at 4200 ft above sea level so started the griddle on high and reduced to lower heat to finish. Worked great
My favorite go to recipe for pumpkin pancakes. Tastes like fall!
Such a tasty pancake! I served them with home-made apple butter and the combination was great!,