- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin and cheese. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with brown butter. Yield: 14 pancakes (1 cup butter).
Reviews for Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Butter
"The syrup was absolutely delicious and will be used over and over and over again; however, the pancakes left much to be desired."
"Didn't care for these.....bland, even though I added pumpkin pie spice as suggested. We too prefer the fluffy pancake to this dense pancake. Brown butter okay, nothing to say wow about. Maybe I did something wrong. We will not make these again."
"I should've learned by now that you shouldn't mess with a good thing. As much as I love pumpkin, the plain old pancake sure beat this recipe. The pancake was bland and not worth the extra efforts."
"Yum...this is a keeper. Family loved these scrumptious pancakes."
"Oh, these are soo delicious! The syrup was too "buttery" tasting so I added two tablespoons of brown sugar; WOW!"
"We loved these pancakes! I left out the pecans & the ricotta cheese & they turned out great. We have hardly any leftovers. I would maybe double the syrup next time, however."
"I really thought with all of those great reviews that these pancakes would be amazing, but I didn't think they had any flavor at all. We were all very disappointed. Also, the middle didn't cook very well."
"Nothing healthy about this recipe!!!!!"
"This was DELICIOUS!!!"