Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Butter Recipe
Good morning, indeed! These tender, moist pumpkin pancakes will make everyone wake up early. The cinnamon butter makes a flavor combo that is out of this world! —Courtney Shay, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin and cheese. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with brown butter. Yield: 14 pancakes (1 cup butter).
2 pancakes with about 2 tablespoons butter equals 394 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC