Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cider Compote Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in cider and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pie filling and butter. Remove from the heat; set aside and keep warm.
- For pancakes, place oats in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Transfer to a large bowl; add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin, syrup and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; fold in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle; flatten with the back of a spoon. Turn when the undersides are browned; cook until the second sides are golden brown. Serve with compote and remaining pecans. Store leftover compote in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 pancakes (5 cups compote).
Reviews for Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cider Compote(2)
Sort By :
I thought the apple overpowered the pumpkin pancakes. The pancakes were dense so eating more than one was a challenge for me. I loved the compote, but would suggest using it on a plain pancake or a cinnamon pancake.
Not exactly a review, but would like the Nutrition Facts without the compote. The pancakes sound good, but as a diabetic the carbs are too high with the compote.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >