With four small children, I am always looking for simple, quick and tasty recipes that they'll enjoy. They love pancakes, and these are great with breakfast sausage. I usually double or triple the recipe, depending on how hungry they are.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup maple syrup, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon and ginger. In a
- small bowl, whisk water and pumpkin until blended; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking
- spray. Flatten with back of spoon. When underside is browned, turn
- pancakes and cook until second side is browned. Top with syrup and
- pecans. Yield: 6 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 510 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 108 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.