Pumpkin Pan Rolls Recipe
Serve these spicy-sweet pumpkin rolls for dinner - or any time of day - and get ready to hear a chorus of "yums" in your kitchen! —Linnea Rein, Topeka, Kansas
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, brown sugar, 4 tablespoons butter and salt to 110°-115°; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk mixture. Add 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 3. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Punch dough down. Divide into 20 pieces; shape into balls. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- 5. Preheat oven to 375°. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
1 roll: 124 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pan Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC