Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and oats; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add the butter, honey and water to the remaining cake mixture. Press onto the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, cream cheese, milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, allspice and cloves until blended. Add egg and egg white; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, butter and reserved cake mixture; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
Sort By :
"A waste of pumpkin and cake mix. Very bland, crust did not stick together, make a different recipe and save yourself from being disappointed"
"This was fantastic! I gave it only 4 stars because based on what other reviews stated about the crust being too hard, I modified the crust. I didn't use water or honey, just butter, about 1/3 cup, which is a more traditional crumb crust."
"Wasn't crazy about the taste right after it was baked. The crust seemed really dry. Put it in the refrigerator and tasted much better the next day after the crust softened a little. Would definitely make this again."
"I made this and everywhere I took it there was raving.....The crust is a bit hard but I think I added a bit more liquid to it"