- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, pumpkin, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Oat Muffins
"Glad I doubled the recipe. Everyone enjoyed these moist, tender and delicious muffins. They are great for breakfast or snack. Definitely I will make this again soon for family gathering."
"So very good. I changed the raisins to currants an added nuts. Perfect with coffee for breakfast."
"These Pumpkin Oat Muffins are my family and my daughters friends favorite. It took me several Pumpkin Muffins to find the perfect one. I make these all year round. I can't keep them on the plate!"
"I made this without raisins and it was great!"
"Instead of the oil I used unsweetened applesauce. It made the muffins a little healthier."
"I was looking for something without so much flour... and these are a great choice. Not too sweet (I'm not a "sweet muffin" fan) but also not at all bland. I'm not a fan of raisins so I put in choc chips for my son... he can't eat enough of 'em! I would highly recommend doubling it... made 19 good muffins."
"Very yummy...but the dozen muffins this recipe supposedly makes came out pretty small. I agree with an early reviewer who suggested doubling it to make 18. I used whole wheat flour and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend to make the recipe even healthier.~ Theresa"
"I make a lot of muffins and this one is really only ok. It's not too sweet and does not have the best texture. They were fine, just not great. I could tell my family thought the same thing and when I put them out for breakfast (we ate them as part of dinner last night), they said "These again? Oh.""
"I made these muffins exactly like the recipe. they were so easy and Delicious my family loved it. I will surely make again."
"This recipe is easy to make and pretty healthy. Will make it again for sure. I really like the struesel topping."