Pumpkin Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
“The aroma from these muffins is especially wonderful in the fall. They're healthy and yummy and disappear quite quickly. They also freeze well.” Irene Robinson - Cincinnati, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1-1/2 cups oat bran
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, pumpkin, milk and oil until well blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
1 muffin equals 155 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC