“The aroma from these muffins is especially wonderful in the fall. They're healthy and yummy and disappear quite quickly. They also freeze well.” Irene Robinson - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups oat bran
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, pumpkin, milk and oil until well blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Originally published as Pumpkin Oat Bran Muffins in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p9
Reviews for Pumpkin Oat Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review