Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, milk, egg whites, oil and applesauce until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, allspice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 135 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pumpkin Nut Bread
"Easy and very moist. I took it to work and it was gone in a flash! The house smelled so good while it was baking."
"This is not "low sodium" as claimed--the baking soda, powder,& salt equal 212.5 gms per slice, not counting any sodium from other ingredients. Be careful!"
"sorry i did not like this at all it was too dry"
"Can I use white flour? I don't like wheat."
"Can I use 2 eggs instead of 4 egg whites Helen"
"My neighbor loved it!She had requested a copy of the recipe.Our family loved it !Thanks for sharing this little treasure of health and goodness."
"raisins would be a great addition."
"Great bread. The entire family loved. I froze one loaf."