This recipe is too good not to share! Three loaves easily feed a crowd, or you can use them as gifts. Either way, these spice-swirled loaves get gobbled up fast.Robin Guthrie, Victorville, California
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) pound cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- For streusel, combine brown sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans; set
- In a large bowl, combine the pound cake mixes, pumpkin, eggs, water,
- baking soda and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in remaining pecans.
- Divide half of the batter among three greased and floured 8x4-in.
- loaf pans. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Top with remaining
- batter and streusel.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices