Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe
Classic fall flavors of pumpkin and pecans make this from-scratch bread perfect for the season. It’s delicious when still warm from the oven, but it makes for a nice gift, too. Connie Thomas — Jensen, Utah
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, milk, egg whites, oil and applesauce until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, allspice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice equals 135 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pumpkin Nut Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC