- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 24 gingersnaps, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; add pumpkin, pudding mix and pie spice. Gradually beat in milk. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each of eight serving dishes. Crumble 16 gingersnaps; sprinkle over mousse. Top with remaining mousse. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Mousse
"Can I use butterscotch cook and serve pudding instead of vanilla instant pudding and if so should I cook the pudding with the milk or not first?"
"I've made other pumpkin mousse recipes over the years; this one was very smooth and tasty, and it couldn't have been simpler to make! I substituted brown sugar for the regular sugar and I used Pumpkin pie Filling I had on hand; as such, I didn't need the pumpkin pie spice or the milk.I had homemade pound cake cubes in the freezer, which I used instead of the Ginger Snaps. Everyone loved it! Next time, I'll try it with the Ginger Snaps, which I'm sure will be excellent! A definite keeper! - Kristine Chayes, Smithtown, New York"
"I entered this recipe when our local newspaper requested our favorite fall recipes. The paper come to my house and photographed me for a story they did. Also included the recipe. Several people have made it since and they love it. I am making it again this week. Easy to make it a lower calorie dessert too."
"A family favorite.. great with vanilla wafers and use as a dip"
"Excellent! I served it in a hollowed out pumpkin.It was a big hit at Thanksgiving."
"Tasted it before adding the whipped topping and it was wonderful--used the whipped topping as a topping for those desiring it. Made with Almond milk and sugar-free butterscotch pudding because I didn't have vanilla--great additional flavor."