- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 24 gingersnaps, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; add pumpkin, pudding mix and pie spice. Gradually beat in milk. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each of eight serving dishes. Crumble 16 gingersnaps; sprinkle over mousse. Top with remaining mousse. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Mousse
"I halved the recipe and used crumbled up cake instead of gingersnaps, my sister said it tasted like pumpkin pie but my brother said it tasted like black licorice, that could have just been the halloween sprinkles I used.So it was fine I guess."
"Can I use butterscotch cook and serve pudding instead of vanilla instant pudding and if so should I cook the pudding with the milk or not first?"
"I've made other pumpkin mousse recipes over the years; this one was very smooth and tasty, and it couldn't have been simpler to make! I substituted brown sugar for the regular sugar and I used Pumpkin Pie Filling I had on hand; as such, I didn't need the pumpkin pie spice or the milk.I had homemade pound cake cubes in the freezer, which I used instead of the Ginger Snaps. Everyone loved it! Next time, I'll try it with the Ginger Snaps, which I'm sure will be excellent! A definite keeper! - Kristine Chayes, Smithtown, New York"
"I entered this recipe when our local newspaper requested our favorite fall recipes. The paper come to my house and photographed me for a story they did. Also included the recipe. Several people have made it since and they love it. I am making it again this week. Easy to make it a lower calorie dessert too."
"A family favorite.. great with vanilla wafers and use as a dip"
"Excellent! I served it in a hollowed out pumpkin.It was a big hit at Thanksgiving."
"Tasted it before adding the whipped topping and it was wonderful--used the whipped topping as a topping for those desiring it. Made with Almond milk and sugar-free butterscotch pudding because I didn't have vanilla--great additional flavor."