Pumpkin Mousse Pie with Gingersnap Crust Recipe
The gingersnap cookies and pumpkin pair perfectly in this pie. It's always a must-have dessert for our Thanksgiving get-together. —Bernice Janowski, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chiling YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and chopped pecans; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds. Stir and let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 3. In a large saucepan, whisk brown sugar, cream and egg yolks until blended. Cook over low heat until a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. (Do not allow to boil.) Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin, pie spice and gelatin mixture. Cool completely.
- 4. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust; refrigerate until set. Drizzle with ice cream topping; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC