Pumpkin Mousse in a Pumpkin Recipe
Rich and creamy, this mousse is a real showstopper when served in a hollowed-out pumpkin. The presentation is sure to impress. —Taste of Home Cooking School
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:4 servings
- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Cut top off pumpkin; scoop out and discard seeds. In small bowl, combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle inside of pumpkin. Replace pumpkin top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, microwave vanilla chips with milk at 70% power; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, orange peel, reserved melted chips and remaining cinnamon. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into pie pumpkin.
- 4. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC