Pumpkin Mousse in a Pumpkin Recipe
- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Cut top off pumpkin; scoop out and discard seeds. In small bowl, combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle inside of pumpkin. Replace pumpkin top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, microwave vanilla chips with milk at 70% power; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, orange peel, reserved melted chips and remaining cinnamon. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into pie pumpkin.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Mousse in a Pumpkin(8)
Sort By :
This is awesome! I took this to a birthday social and everyone raved over it. I will make this again.
Easy and quick to make. It can be used in many ways such as a pie filling, filling in cup cakes, or just by itself.
easy and quick to make. It can be used in many ways such as a pie filling, filling in cup cakes, or just by itself as meant to be.
I didn't bother with the hallowed pumpkin, just made the mousse. For someone who doesn't like pumpkin pie, or anything else that has that squashy texture, the fact that I liked this and will most likely make again speaks volumes. I actually added a little more pumpkin than the recipe calls for...I didn't want to waste the 3 tablespoons extra I had. Thank you for the recipe! I finally have something pumpkin-y to make for the holidays!!
@kkj1259 and everybody else whose filling is like water...make sure to FOLD the whipped topping in. If you stir it in, it will be thin.