- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Cut top off pumpkin; scoop out and discard seeds. In small bowl, combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle inside of pumpkin. Replace pumpkin top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, microwave vanilla chips with milk at 70% power; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, orange peel, reserved melted chips and remaining cinnamon. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into pie pumpkin.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Mousse in a Pumpkin
Sort By :
"So, you only scoop out the seeds and leave the pumpkin to bake in the oven?"
"This is awesome! I took this to a birthday social and everyone raved over it. I will make this again."
"Easy and quick to make. It can be used in many ways such as a pie filling, filling in cup cakes, or just by itself."
"easy and quick to make. It can be used in many ways such as a pie filling, filling in cup cakes, or just by itself as meant to be."
"I didn't bother with the hallowed pumpkin, just made the mousse. For someone who doesn't like pumpkin pie, or anything else that has that squashy texture, the fact that I liked this and will most likely make again speaks volumes. I actually added a little more pumpkin than the recipe calls for...I didn't want to waste the 3 tablespoons extra I had. Thank you for the recipe! I finally have something pumpkin-y to make for the holidays!!"