Pumpkin Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
Fresh from the vine comes my merry after-dinner delight! The scrumptious pumpkin filling makes this cheesecake different from most, and the glaze adds a nice touch. It's a big hit among my family and friends.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 325° 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove sides of pan. For glaze, melt chips and shortening in a small heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 251 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC