Pumpkin Layered Angel Cake Recipe
This eye-catching torte captures the taste of two favorite desserts—angel food cake and pumpkin pie. When you have time, prepare it earlier in the day and refrigerate until serving.
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 prepared angel food cake (16 ounces), split twice horizontally
- 1/4 cup gingersnap cookies (about 5 cookies)
- 1. In a bowl, combine pumpkin and cream. Add pudding mix and spices; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup pudding mixture. Repeat once. Top with remaining cake layer and spread with remaining pudding mixture. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Refrigerate until serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pumpkin Layered Angel Cake
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2010
"if you love pumkin, this is it"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC