Pumpkin Layered Angel Cake
This eye-catching torte captures the taste of two favorite desserts—angel food cake and pumpkin pie. When you have time, prepare it earlier in the day and refrigerate until serving.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 prepared angel food cake (16 ounces), split twice horizontally
- 1/4 cup gingersnap cookies (about 5 cookies)
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin and cream. Add pudding mix and spices;
- beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup
- pudding mixture. Repeat once. Top with remaining cake layer and
- spread with remaining pudding mixture. Sprinkle with crushed
- cookies. Refrigerate until serving. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12 servings.