Pumpkin Layered Angel Cake Recipe
This eye-catching torte captures the taste of two favorite dessertsangel food cake and pumpkin pie. When you have time, prepare it earlier in the day and refrigerate until serving.
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 prepared angel food cake (16 ounces), split twice horizontally
- 1/4 cup gingersnap cookies (about 5 cookies)
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin and cream. Add pudding mix and spices; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup pudding mixture. Repeat once. Top with remaining cake layer and spread with remaining pudding mixture. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Refrigerate until serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Layered Angel Cake in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p11
Reviews for Pumpkin Layered Angel Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cake Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >