- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Graham cracker
- Thin licorice pieces
- In a large bowl, mix pie filling, sugar and vanilla until blended. Fold in ice cream. Spread into a 9-in. round pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle pecans over the top in thin stripes, forming the vertical lines of a pumpkin shape. Add a graham cracker stem and licorice vines. Freeze, covered, 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pumpkin Ice Cream Treat
Sort By :
This was really yummy. My stepdaughter and I made this for dessert for Thanksgiving Day. There's always room for something sweet if it's ice cream--it slides right down. My family enjoyed this and of course it was really cute, too. It's really sweet--I might skip the sugar next time. I'm not sure it's necessary since the pumpkin pie filling and vanilla ice cream already add sugar to this dessert.
I made this treat with my kindergarten class. I followed the recipe exactly because I was teaching my kids how to follow a recipe. It was so easy, my kids and I all loved it! Next time, I may use candies (i.e. M&M's or cinnamons) and create a Jack-O-Lantern faces.
Wow, talk about a real treat, so easy to make and my grandkids loved it. I didn't have any pecans so I used crushed pretzels, and made a silly pumpkin face. I love the sweet and salty combo and the crunch with the smooth ice cream. Yummy.