- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Graham cracker
- Thin licorice pieces
- In a large bowl, mix pie filling, sugar and vanilla until blended. Fold in ice cream. Spread into a 9-in. round pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle pecans over the top in thin stripes, forming the vertical lines of a pumpkin shape. Add a graham cracker stem and licorice vines. Freeze, covered, 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Ice Cream Treat
Sort By :
"This was really yummy. My stepdaughter and I made this for dessert for Thanksgiving Day. There's always room for something sweet if it's ice cream--it slides right down. My family enjoyed this and of course it was really cute, too. It's really sweet--I might skip the sugar next time. I'm not sure it's necessary since the pumpkin pie filling and vanilla ice cream already add sugar to this dessert."
"I made this treat with my kindergarten class. I followed the recipe exactly because I was teaching my kids how to follow a recipe. It was so easy, my kids and I all loved it! Next time, I may use candies (i.e. M&M's or cinnamons) and create a Jack-O-Lantern faces."
"Wow, talk about a real treat, so easy to make and my grandkids loved it. I didn't have any pecans so I used crushed pretzels, and made a silly pumpkin face. I love the sweet and salty combo and the crunch with the smooth ice cream. Yummy."