Pumpkin Ice Cream Treat Recipe
Everyone will scream for pumpkin-y ice cream this Halloween. I like to have some in the freezer, ready for visitors. —Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Graham cracker
- Thin licorice pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, mix pie filling, sugar and vanilla until blended. Fold in ice cream. Spread into a 9-in. round pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle pecans over the top in thin stripes, forming the vertical lines of a pumpkin shape. Add a graham cracker stem and licorice vines. Freeze, covered, 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC