- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream, optional
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale yellow. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in pumpkin. Fold in dry ingredients. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with greased and floured waxed paper. Pour batter into pan; bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a linen towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper; roll up cake with towel. Cool on a wire rack. Unroll cake onto a baking sheet. Spread softened ice cream to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up cake again, without the towel. Cover and freeze.
- To serve, let stand a few minutes at room temperature before slicing. If desired, dust cake with confectioners' sugar and top with the whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Ice Cream Rolls in Reminisce November/December 1993, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Ice Cream Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2011
"I have been making this recipe for the last ten years and is part of our Thanksgiving tradition."
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2010