Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Although it looks like you fussed, this pretty layered pie is easy to assemble with convenient canned pumpkin, store-bought candy bars and a prepared crust. "This make-ahead dessert is delicious any time of year," reports Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine two-thirds of the crushed candy bars and 2 cups ice cream.
- Spoon into crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and
- remaining ice cream. Spoon over ice cream layer in crust. Sprinkle
- with remaining crushed candy bars. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 247 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white