Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Baked pita chips
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 173 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Hummus
"I love lemon but in the future will reduce the amount used in this recipe. It was a little overwhelming."
"First of all, I halved the recipe. I substituted white kidney beans for the garbanzo beans (didn't have them), and Greek yogurt for the tahini (didn't have it). I added 2 tsp flaxseed meal to make up for the nutty flavor lost with the tahini (and to thicken it). Used sweet hot sauce and a dash of tabasco. My daughter and I liked this with veggie dippers. Next time I'll follow recipe exactly to see if we like it even more. I like all the healthy ingredients!!"