Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
Our home economists give traditional hummus an autumn appeal with the addition of canned pumpkin. Hot pepper sauce lends just the right amount of heat.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Baked pita chips
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 173 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC