Our home economists give traditional hummus an autumn appeal with the addition of canned pumpkin. Hot pepper sauce lends just the right amount of heat.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Baked pita chips
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Pumpkin Hummus in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p128
Reviews for Pumpkin Hummus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review