The combination of simple ingredients in these handheld sandwiches area sure to please all the kids at your party. They'll keep the kids away from the candy...for a while.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 to 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 egg white
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one sheet of pastry into a 15-in. circle. Using a floured 5x4-in. pumpkin cookie cutter, cut out eight pumpkins. Repeat with remaining pastry. Spread mustard over eight pumpkins. Layer with ham, onions and cheeses to within 3/4 in. of edges.
- In a small bowl, beat yolks with enough red food coloring to achieve an orange color. In another small bowl, beat egg white with green food coloring. Brush orange mixture over edges of pastry. Top with remaining pumpkins. Press edges to seal; trim edges with a fluted pastry wheel. Brush stems with green mixture and pumpkins with orange.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Hot Pockets in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun 2008, p13
Reviews for Pumpkin Hot Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review