Pumpkin Hot Pockets
The combination of simple ingredients in these handheld sandwiches area sure to please all the kids at your party. They'll keep the kids away from the candy...for a while.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 to 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 egg white
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one sheet of pastry into a 15-in.
- circle. Using a floured 5-in. x 4-in. pumpkin cookie cutter, cut out
- eight pumpkins. Repeat with remaining pastry. Spread mustard over
- eight pumpkins. Layer with ham, onions and cheeses to within 3/4 in.
- of edges.
- In a small bowl, beat yolks with enough red food coloring to achieve
- an orange color. In another small bowl, beat egg white with green
- food coloring. Brush orange mixture over edges of pastry. Top with
- remaining pumpkins. Press edges to seal; cut with a pastry wheel.
- Brush stems with green mixture and pumpkins with orange.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or
- until browned. Yield: 8 servings.