For a delicious autumn spin on an Italian classic, try this hearty, seasonal gnocchi. Sage and garlic butter sauce complements the pumpkin wonderfully. —Donna Mosca Kahler, Jupiter, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 quarts water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in pumpkin until blended. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times, forming a soft dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 1/2-in.-thick rope; cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the sage, garlic and gnocchi; stir to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Gnocchi in Sage Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p121
Reviews for Pumpkin Gnocchi in Sage Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review