- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 quarts water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in pumpkin until blended. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times, forming a soft dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 1/2-in.-thick rope; cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the sage, garlic and gnocchi; stir to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Gnocchi in Sage Butter
Sort By :
Gnocchi turned out well but I didn't get as much of the pumpkin flavor as I would have liked.
I took this recipe as my side dish for Thanksgiving Dinner with my extended family, first time I had made any sort of gnocchi dish. Everybody who tried it LOVED it. We even got a couple of the picky teenagers to try it. I will definitely be making this dish again. Although, next time I won't triple the recipe, because cutting and forking all those gnocchi took two hours, lol. Still, a fantastic recipe that I will make every Thanksgiving from here until the day I die.
Yuck, they look like dead grub worms!
Made this w/ frozen sweet potato gnocchi & it's to die for. A great hit as an hors d'oeuvre at my Groundhog Day party.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Halloween Side Dishes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Pumpkin Recipes >