Pumpkin Gingersnap Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/3 cups cold milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Combine the first four ingredients; press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; cool completely. For filling, beat pudding mixes and milk in a bowl. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill for at least 4 hours. For topping, in a heavy saucepan, bring milk and brown sugar to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook and stir over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cut dessert in squares; drizzle with topping. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 288 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Gingersnap Dessert
"3 months after Thanksgiving and I'm still getting requests for the recipe. Instead of making the topping, I just drizzled caramel ice cream topping over the top and sprinkled the pecans on top. Definitely a hit."