Pumpkin Gingersnap Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/3 cups cold milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Combine the first four ingredients; press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; cool completely. For filling, beat pudding mixes and milk in a bowl. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill for at least 4 hours. For topping, in a heavy saucepan, bring milk and brown sugar to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook and stir over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cut dessert in squares; drizzle with topping. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 288 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Gingersnap Dessert
"3 months after Thanksgiving and I'm still getting requests for the recipe. Instead of making the topping, I just drizzled caramel ice cream topping over the top and sprinkled the pecans on top. Definitely a hit."