- until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine the egg, buttermilk,
- pumpkin and molasses; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar
- and corn syrup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until
- sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in cream. Return to a boil;
- remove from the heat. Serve with warm gingerbread. Top with pecan
- halves if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 681 calories, 37 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.