Pumpkin Gingerbread Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and baking soda. Add the pumpkin, molasses, egg, butter and milk. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour; beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans. (There will be a small amount of dough in each pan.) Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 mini loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Gingerbread(2)
Sort By :
Very good...I saw previous reviews that it tasted too much like molasses, so I substituted part of the molasses with honey, but it didn't really taste like gingerbread. Next time I will use the full amount of molasses. But still, a very good pumpkin bread recipe!
The molasses was a little overpowering. I think I was expecting more of a pumpkin/ginger taste but I taste the molasses more than anything. The consistency turned out nicely, though. It was nice and moist.