Pumpkin Fudge Recipe
Every Thanksgiving I look forward to the taste of pumpkin. This fudge lets me do that and every one loves it.—Marlene Fudge, Rushville, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:117 servings
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. Cube the remaining butter and place in a large saucepan; add the sugars, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in cinnamon chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, pecans and vanilla. Transfer to prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds.
1 piece equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC