Pumpkin Fruitcake Recipe
I make this fruity cake many times during the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. The moist cake has wonderful pumpkin flavor and is flecked with pecans, dates, raisins and cherries.—Janet Hradsky, Three Rivers, Michigan
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 10 red candied cherries, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the pecans, dates, raisins and cherries.
- 2. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 453 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC