Pumpkin-Flavored Pancakes Recipe
I created these light pumpkin-flavored pancakes with two kinds of flour and a blend of spices for a delightful taste. Serve them for brunch as a hearty eye-opener or for a fun meat-free dinner. –Vicki Floden of Story City, Iowa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
2 pancakes equals 240 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC