I created these light pumpkin-flavored pancakes with two kinds of flour and a blend of spices for a delightful taste. Serve them for brunch as a hearty eye-opener or for a fun meat-free dinner. –Vicki Floden of Story City, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small
- bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking
- spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 240 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,