- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Flavored Pancakes
"My kids Loved these. I added the whole egg. I personally thought they were OK, but was disappointed because I really wanted more pumpkin flavor. Another time I might add more like some commenters have."
"I love pumpkin, and these pancakes are yummy!"
"Quick and easy with ingredients I have on hand. Low fat and delicious!"
"yum! I added a pinch of cloves, an extra tablespoon of brown sugar and an extra splash of milk. Came out great!"
"Great recipe. Only a few things I would change. Maybe add a bit of clove and pumpkin pie spice for more flavor. We also added a bit more pumpkin cuz we love it!! We used whip cream to top them instead of syrup, amazing! We added a few chocolate chips to a few of them just to see what they would taste like. They were the best of the batch! Definitely would recommend this recipe to others!!"
"As many other reviewers commented, these turned out gummy, almost pasty tasting. In addition to the texture, the flavor was lacking something, perhaps more sweetness or spice. I added toasted walnuts to our batch but will not make these again. My pancake loving kids didn't even care for them."
"Making them the way it was directed they failed. Burned because they wouldn't cook through. I then lowered my heat to med-low and then put a lid on my skillet. This made them "steam cook" in a way. Turned out fluffy and light. Also I omitted the oil. You don't really need it in this recipe. I used a pumpkin spread instead of syrup. This was almost like a desert. Delicious."
"I have made this twice now, hoping for better results the second time. Nope! Sorry, but this recipe makes the pancakes turn out very flat and gummy. My son wouldn't even finish his breakfast. :("
"This recipe needs 3 1/2 - 4 tsp of baking powder to make it rise like it needs to. Other than that, the spices are really nice. My 2 toddlers love them."