- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Flavored Pancakes
Sort By :
"Quick and easy with ingredients I have on hand. Low fat and delicious!"
"yum! I added a pinch of cloves, an extra tablespoon of brown sugar and an extra splash of milk. Came out great!"
"Great recipe. Only a few things I would change. Maybe add a bit of clove and pumpkin pie spice for more flavor. We also added a bit more pumpkin cuz we love it!! We used whip cream to top them instead of syrup, amazing! We added a few chocolate chips to a few of them just to see what they would taste like. They were the best of the batch! Definitely would recommend this recipe to others!!"
"As many other reviewers commented, these turned out gummy, almost pasty tasting. In addition to the texture, the flavor was lacking something, perhaps more sweetness or spice. I added toasted walnuts to our batch but will not make these again. My pancake loving kids didn't even care for them."