Pumpkin-Face Ice Cream Sandwiches
These friendly faces will elicit smiles from friends and family. You can use homemade or purchased sugar cookies in this recipe. —Pattie Ann Forssberg, Logan, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 48 round sugar cookies
- 72 raisins
- Red and green decorating icing
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla
- and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Tint orange with
- red and yellow food coloring. Frost the tops of 24 sugar cookies.
- Make pumpkin faces, using raisins for eyes and nose. Add a smile
- with red icing and stem with green icing. Let dry completely.
- Spoon ice cream onto bottom of plain cookies; top with frosted
- cookies. Place in individual plastic bags; seal. Freeze until
- serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.